Awhile ago at Sea World there was a major problem- one of the orcas attacked its trainer. It was quite devastating. While watching the story on the news, the kids were in the room. Later on that week the kids were playing with their giant stuffed "Shamu" in the living room. I love listening to them. This is what I heard, "It's okay Shamu... you can have another fish is you promise not to kill someone." I was laughing so hard!
Last week Clay learned how to ride his bike without training wheelsWe bought Clay a bike from DI and his chain was loose, so Dale's fixing it and he's mad. Finally he says, "It's because at DI they just throw the toys around. They just don't take care of their toys! Why don't we just take it back to DI." He makes me laugh.
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Just Love these Kids!
Clay and Ady were saying potty words, so I said to them, "Watch your mouth." So Clay took off his glasses, pointed to his mouth and said, "I'm watching my mouth!"
Dale was pushing the boys in the car to go. They were late. He said, "This is like you are the hammer and we are the nails."
Last year at the zoo some little boy said, "You lose to Tuesday..." we really don't know. So it's a running joke in the famiy. So we started saying, "What did the boy say in the ice cream store? You lose to Sunday." So Clay tonight says, "What did the boy say in the library? You lose to Friday.... SHHHHH!!!" He really has such a cute sense of humor!
At church today the kids were being a bit antsy. Dale was already in the hall with Brayden. So I said to Clay, "I want you to listen to the sacrament prayer and tell me three words." I really didn't think he would pick out the words, but he did. I asked him what words he heard. He said, "Amen, remembrance, and blood." I was thoroughly impressed. He picked out important words! It was a great teaching moment about what the sacrament was for. I love these moments!
Brayden loves me taking care of everything for him. I asked him to make his bed the other day and told him he could earn a sticker. He said, "You can make my bed mommy and I'll give you a sticker!"
He also loves me to make his breakfast. After cooking his instant oatmeal, or "hot porridge" at our house, he said, "Can you spin it Mommy?" That mean stir it.
Posted by Janae at 8:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment